Hey lovelies! It’s that time, the most coveted sale of the year has arrived, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! It’s what everyone’s been chatting about at work today, and I’m loving all the buzz online, and here in Seattle. If you’re new to the Nsale, or just want some tips and strategy, check out my blog post from yesterday that covers all the details for you!
I followed my own tips from that post and made my Nsale purchases in the middle of the night online! Yes, totally crazy, I know. However I will say, when I checked the site in the morning around 8am PST pages weren’t loading, and then later checkout was not working for a little while. So although I was extremely tired today, it was worth it for this Nsale because I didn’t have any trouble checking out and grabbing my selections and sizes.
To make up for the site issues and poor customer experience online, Nordstrom sent out an email this morning giving shoppers 10 points per dollar on purchases made between 7/12 and 7/14 using a Nordstrom debit or credit card! They will be taking care of this for past purchases, and if you had scheduled your triple points day for the 12th, 13th, or 14th, they are going to credit that day back to you so you can use it another time. Pretty amazing! I am excited to check on my account to see how it all tallies up. Another great reason to shop today and get those 10x points friends!
So without further delay, here are my favorite picks from the #NSale and what I bought personally. I absolutely love reading posts like this, so many bloggers do their roundups, putting in lots of time and effort, and I love sharing what I liked as well.
Halogen® Oliver Genuine Calf Hair Ankle Wrap Flat $59.90 (after nsale $89.95) // 1.STATE Jacend Zip Bootie $79.90 (after nsale $129.95) // adidas Tubular Viral 2 Sneaker (sold out now, but similar here $119.90 (after nsale $160)
The shoe selection in this year’s Nsale is really great, so many flats, boots, heels and sneakers to chose from. So I could have easily bought more like six or seven pairs, but I narrowed it down to these three. I also found so many gorgeous mules and slides, as well good all-weather boots and rain shoes.
Handbags & Accessories
1. Rebecca Minkoff Small Love Embroidered Nubuck Crossbody Bag (Nordstrom Exclusive) $183.90 (after nsale: $275) // 2. Tory Burch Frida Zip Around Leather Wallet (Nordstrom Exclusive) $129.90 (after nsale: $198) // 3. Baublebar Mini Metallic Pinata Statement Earrings $27.90 (after nsale: $42) // 4. BP. Leopard Print Scarf $11.90 (after nsale: $19) // 5. Tory Burch Frida Leather Satchel (Nordstrom Exclusive) $329.90 (after nsale: $498)
I must say, I was expecting more in the handbags department. Normally I think the NSale has so many beautiful bags to choose from, and especially roomy work totes, but this year I noticed fewer and smaller bags. I did snap up this boho-chic Rebeccca Minkoff bag, and can’t wait to try it on in person. This ice-cream pink Tory Burch and the matching wallet were also pretty irresistible! I’m curious to see the color in person!
The Cold-Shoulder Trend
1. Lush Roll Tab Sleeve Woven Shirt $27.90 (after nsale $42) // 2. BP. Ruffle Cold Shoulder Pullover $31.90 (after nsale $49) // 3. (Same as 2) BP. Ruffle Cold Shoulder Pullover $31.90 (after sale $49) // 4. Hinge Ruffle Cold Shoulder Sweater $45.90 (after nsale $69) // 5. Socialite Ruffle Cold Shoulder Top $25.90 (after Nsale $39)// 6. Bobeau Cold Shoulder Ruffle Neck Top $38.90 (after sale $59) // 7. Leith Cold Shoulder Midi Dress $52.90 (after nsale $79) // 8. Calson Rounded V-Neck Tee $17.90 (after nsale $25)
Ok friends, let’s jump into the clothing! I organized my favorite picks by trend! (It took me a while but it’s so nice to see the pieces this way, no?) I know I’m really late to this trend but I am finally hopping aboard the cold-shoulder trend! These are some of my favorite cold-shoulder tops, pullovers, and a dress. I also included a simpler blouse and a tee shirt here, similar to 2 that I bought (but which have since sold out I’m afraid! I linked a similar one here).
The Ruffle Trend
1. BP. Asymmetrical Ruffle Tee $22.90 (after nsale $35) // 2. Soprano Stripe Cotton & Linen Off the Shoulder Top $22.90 (after nsale $35) // 3. Lush Ruffle Bell Sleeve Blouse $31.90 (after nsale 49) // 4. Pleione Double Ruffle Sleeve Blouse $39.90 (after nsale $59) // 5. Gibson Ruffle Hem Bell Sleeve Top $40.90 (after sale $62)// 6. Pleione Tie Sleeve Poplin Blouse $45.90 (after nsale $69) // 7. Pleione Tiered Bell Sleeve Sweatshirt $45.90 (after nsale $69) // 8. Pleione Ruffle Sleeve Poplin Shirt $49.90 (after nsale $75)
This is everyone’s favorite trend at the moment, lots and lots of ruffles! I love this look because it’s so modest and covered up, yet the ruffles are flirty and feminine. They soften a button-up, menswear-inspired shirt, don’t you think? As you can see, I went for lots of soft nudes, pinks, blues, and neutrals. I know my shopping list so far might seem more spring-like than fall, but personally I am ready for a fresh and different kind of autumn. Last year I did a lot of burgundy, and in 2015 I shopped for lots of olives and army greens. But for 2017, I want to go for a neutral and light palette for fall and heading into winter. To me there’s nothing more sophisticated than winter whites!
- Halogen® Tie Hem Sweater $49.90 (after nsale $79) // 2. Sejour Convertible Neck Sweater $49.90 (after nsale $79) // 3. Leith Easy Circle Cardigan, pink $49.90 (after nsale $75) // 4. (Same as 3) Leith Easy Circle Cardigan, oatmeal $49.90 (after nsale $75) // 5. Caslon® Space Dye Tunic Sweatshirt $29.90 (after nsale $49) // 6. Caslon® Rib Knit Cotton Tunic $45.90 (after nsale $69)// 7. BP. Lightweight Rib Stitch Cardigan, oatmeal $29.90 (after nsale $49) // 8. (Same as 7) BP. Lightweight Rib Stitch Cardigan, grey $29.90 (after nsale $49)
It wouldn’t be a fall sale without lots of sweaters. I already have a pretty healthy sweater collection, so I went a little overboard! But the good thing about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is that if you have some regret, or it doesn’t fit the way you hoped, you can simply return it, super easy!
Jeans & Leggings
1. Wit & Wisdom Twisted Seam Ankle Skimmer Jeans (Nordstrom Exclusive) $51.90 (after sale $78) // 2. Yummie by Heather Thomson ‘Rachel’ High Waist Leggings $32.90 (after sale $49.50) // 3. Hue Pima Cotton Blend Leggings $23.90 (after sale $36) // 4. adidas Originals Linear Leggings $25.90 (after sale $35)
This is a good time to stock up on jeans and leggings too. These are normally tough areas for me to find a good fit so I hopeful about these! I feel like there’s a good chance they will end up having to go back, but let’s see what happens.
Just one more thing…
And two more things to share, I picked up this super soft tee by BP! I am also trying to replace a really old parka that’s been through so much Seattle rain! I hope this coat works out for me, I’m so picky when it comes to outerwear because I need to last through all sorts of weather, I will keep you posted! It’s a Vince Camuto Quilted Jacket with Detachable Hood.
Phew! If you’re still with me and reading this, THANK YOU! I know I went a little wild during the sale for 2017, but over the last year I’ve pared down my wardrobe to such a minimal collection and haven’t shopped in roughly a year, so it was time for major trend updates! My huge goal when I first started clearing my fashion clutter, was to get down to a collection of fewer, but nicer clothes. I’m striving for a more sensible yet fashionable wardrobe! And you know what, I just realized I didn’t check out the home or beauty/skincare/hair care sections yet! Hmm… ! 🙂 I might do a roundup of some top picks for you in those areas. Leave me a comment if you’d like to see that!
I hope you loved seeing what I bought as much as I loved sharing!