2014 is proving to be a great year and somehow we’re midway through! It’s time to look back at June and pick out some of my favorite products that I’ve been using.
- MAC Soft & Gentle Highlighter: This is my absolute ideal highlighter for all seasons. It works beautifully on many skin tones and the soft focus micro shimmer really works for day or night. If I could only live with one highlighting product for the rest of my life, THIS is it! MAC describes it as a gilded peach bronze.
- Victoria’s Secret Instant Bronzing Shimmer Powder: I have the smaller size of this that comes in a gift set, which is perfect for face, and this larger brush one is great for body. I wasn’t expecting much from this but I was surprised. For my skin tone this adds a really nice dewy, baked glow to my cheek contours, bridge of my nose and temples! The color is great, not too orange, not overly brown. The shimmer seemed intense when I swatched it on my hand, but on the face it’s a really nice fine shimmer that actually worked well for me even for day! It might be a little intense for very fair skin tones, but for medium, olive and deeper skin tones, this is lovely. A great surprise find!
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso: I always used to be a pink blush person and never ventured toward more coral or peach tones because I always assumed they would look too orange on me. But back in September ’13 I stumbled upon the Milani Baked Blushes that looked so luxurious and with the $7.99 price point, it seemed harmless to take a chance. This has now become my go to blush of choice and I’ve been wearing it nearly every day for 10 months straight! The shimmer in it is very subtle and the peach tone is that perfect warm shade that I think will work on everyone. It’s a must-have for your collection.
- Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream: Ok so the name is super long, but this little eye cream is super strong! Rich but not greasy, it sinks deeply into the skin and nourishes and hydrates. I use it morning and evening and it’s worth the splurge since I’ve been on the hunt for great eye creams for too many years now.
- Jergens BB Body Perfecting Cream: I’m excited to see the BB cream trend finally transitioning from face to body! This super affordable cream is a great value, sheer coverage, doesn’t transfer onto clothing and really does seem to blur out imperfections on my legs right away, as well as help fade out little marks and spots over time. The scent is really nice too and I think this is worth a try if you haven’t fallen in love with it yet.
What products are you loving this summer? Be sure to comment below and let me know.